1. When are the leagues held?
Monday to Friday for Youth (under 10’s – 16’s) and Senior leagues are open all year round. Children’s Junior leagues under 6’s – 11’s will commence on Saturday’s from October running through to April.
2. Can I choose what night of the week I play?
Yes, if there is a vacancy you can join right away, if not you may choose another night.
3. Do I need to have a team already or can you team me up with players?
It is better if you have a team, but if not we can place your details on our database and introduce you to teams that are looking for additional players to form a team.
4. Are referees included?
Every league game is refereed by fully qualified match officials.
5. How many teams are there in each division?
We offer a full range of league competitions. Most consist of divisions of eight teams, although some leagues may vary.
6. How long is a season?
The standard league will last between 10-14 weeks.
7. Is there promotion and relegation at the end of each season?
At this stage there won’t be promotion and relegation.
8. I’m not sure how the standard of my team will compare with other teams in the league.
We will ensure that your team plays in the correct league based on our league guidelines. It’s important that when registering your team you select a league that is challenging and suits the ability of your team.
9. How many players can my team use for a game?
For 5 a side league a maximum of 10 players may be used.
10. How many players can my team use throughout a season?
Teams may register up to 10 players and no player can be registered to more than one team in the same league division. Players may not transfer their registration to a team in the same division during the course of a season.
11. Do my players need to wear shin guards?
Yes, shin guards are compulsory to participate at Football FIVE5.
12. What footwear should we wear?
Training shoes or moulded boots – NO screw in studded footwear or metal cleats.
13. Do we need to wear uniforms?
Premier leagues must wear matching uniforms including shirts, shorts and socks. Competitive, Social, Mixed and Youth leagues must wear matching shirts as a minimum.
14. Is prize money awarded to the winners?
No, prizes will be offered to all winners of Leagues, but no cash.
15. Can my team join a league mid-season?
Yes, providing there is a vacancy available.
16. Am i covered by insurance when playing Football FIVE5?
Yes, on the same terms as winter outdoor. Players should be reminded that insurance is their own responsibility and should seek advice on their particular circumstances. For more information on insurance coverage click HERE