Updated 12:00 pm 28/09/2021
The NSW Government has announced the roadmap from easing COVID-19 restrictions as NSW reaches the 80 per cent double dose target.
From the Monday after NSW hits the 80 per cent (aged 16 and over) double dose vaccination target, eased restrictions will allow those who are fully vaccinated to participate in community sport.
Here is what this means for Football Five5 and Fast Five5 leagues.
Football Five5 – Summer Leagues
- Football Five5 senior Summer Leagues will commence after the 80% double dose target is achieved (likely 25 October) and run through 25 February.
- Summer Leagues will break at Christmas and return 11 January.
- Fully vaccinated players can participate after the double dose target is achieved and everyone from 1 December.
- Our Newcastle Jets private suite competition has been extended to 24 October.
- Any team who registers will now go into the draw – no upfront payment required.
- Registrations are currently open – thanks to everyone who has signed up.
Fast Five5 and Football Five5 Youth Leagues
- Regrettably Fast Fives and Football Five5 Youth Leagues will not return in 2021.
- The NSW Government’s 80% roadmap applies to those over 16 years old meaning youth leagues cannot commence until 1 December.
- To discuss refunds or Active Kids vouchers please email Kean Marshall email@example.com
Thank you for your ongoing support of Five5, it’s because of you and your teammates that we’ve build the biggest five-a-a side competition in NSW and we hope to back on the pitch soon.