1. When are the competitions held?
Senior competitions are held Monday – Thursday all year round.
Summer FIVE5 Youth (U12-U16) is held Tuesday/Thursday between September – December.
Premier Youth (NPL, NL1, WPL) is held Fridays between September – December.
Fast FIVE5 (U6-U11) are held Saturdays between October – December.
Premier Summer SAP is held Saturdays between October – December.
2. Can I choose what night of the week I play?
Yes, if there is a vacancy you can join right away, if not you may choose another night.
The earlier you register your team, you can secure your desired spot in the competition.
3. Do I need to have a team already or can you team me up with players?
Our competitions are by team registration.
If you are an individual that would like to play, but cannot form a team – request to join our Football FIVE5 Facebook group where you can post to see if any members are seeking players or to form a team.
4. Are referees included?
Every game is refereed by a fully qualified match official.
5. How many teams are there in each division?
Most divisions consist of eight teams, although some competitions may vary.
6. How long is a season?
Each competition is different ranging from 9-18 weeks. Please see the format for your competition on its relevant web page.
7. Is there a promotion and relegation at the end of each season?
Football FIVE5 competitions do not have promotion and relegation.
8. How do I know what level of competition to enter my team in (social/competitive)?
We will ensure that your team plays in the correct competition based on our guidelines. It’s important that when registering your team you select a competition that is challenging and suits the ability of your team.
9. How many players can my team use for a game?
A maximum of 10 players may be used.
10. How many players can my team use throughout a season?
Teams may register up to 10 players and no more than this can be registered to more than one team in the same league division. Players may not transfer their registration to a team in the same division during the course of a season.
11. Do my players need to wear shin pads?
Yes, shin pads are compulsory to participate at Football FIVE5.
12. What footwear should we wear?
Training shoes or moulded boots – NO screw in studded footwear or metal cleats.
13. Do we need to wear uniforms?
Premier leagues must wear matching uniforms including shirts, shorts and socks. Competitive, Social, Mixed and Youth leagues must wear shirts matching of colour as a minimum.
14. Is prize money awarded to the winners?
Yes, we change our prizes at the end of competitions each season. No cash prizes are awarded to any winners.
15. Can my team join a league mid-season?
Yes, providing there is a vacancy available.
16. Am I covered by insurance when playing Football FIVE5?
Yes, on the same terms as winter outdoor. Players should be reminded that insurance is their own responsibility and should seek advice on their particular circumstances. For more information on insurance coverage click HERE