- All teams must take the field with five players
- Mixed teams must take the field with a minimum of two female outfield players. Either gender is allowed in goals
- Unlimited interchange will be allowed for all matches
- Kick offs will be taken from half way
- No slide tackles
- No offside
- No throw ins
- No corners
- If the ball hits any part of the net behind the goalkeeper off a shot, keeper save or deflection, the ball automatically goes to the goalkeeper for a restart. An indirect free kick shall be awarded at the referees discretion should a player kick the ball into their own back net.
- Goalkeepers can pass the ball out with their feet or throw it out with their hands
- Goalkeepers cannot come outside of their goal circle at anytime
- Goalkeepers may not pick the ball up if it has been passed to them from a team mate
- Goalkeepers cannot kick the ball out of their hands
- Goalkeepers must release the ball within 6 seconds
- If a team kicks the ball out of the pitch, the match will be a restart with the goalkeeper of the opposing team
- All free kicks are indirect
- No pushing or grinding into the rebound boards
- Serious foul play will be punishable by yellow and red cards
- In the event of a penalty being awarded all penalty takers can only take one step before striking the ball
Northern NSW Football reserves the right to make amendments to the match rules at any time.
Men’s, Mixed, Women’s & Youth Comps
1. Football FIVE5 leagues will typically run for 14 weeks with finals (with the exception of Summer FIVE5, which runs for 18 weeks). Every team will qualify in position for finals.
2. Leagues will typically consist of 6-14 teams and each team regular season will have 14-18 rounds.
3. Senior Weekly Match Fee = $85 (every individual match played, finals night is classed as 1 match fee).
4. Youth Player Registration = $100 or Active Kids Voucher valid.
5. Teams must pay their match fee before their match commences. Only 1 payment can be made when paying for games (Cash or Debit Card). No individual player payments will be accepted.
6. All players must be registered with Football FIVE5 prior to competing for any team.
7. Northern New South Wales Football reserves the right to regrade teams in an effort to ensure fair competition.
8. Please note, during the Summer Leagues at Christmas, there is a 3 week period where there will be no fixtures scheduled.
Kick Off Times
1. Kick off times for the entire league are scheduled prior to the first match. They can be found online at www.footballfives.com.au under ‘Leagues’. You are fully aware of your kick off times and know that these times cannot be changed at the team’s discretion, only by Football FIVE5 under extreme circumstances.
2. All teams should be ready to start 10 mins prior to KO to ensure matches run on time.
3. If you are more than 5 minutes late, you will accept that your game may be cut short.
4. Speak directly with management if you have any issues with fixture times. These are 6.15pm, 7:00pm, 7.45pm and 8.30pm.
All Weather Policy
1. Football FIVE5 is an all-weather facility; all games are on in all weather conditions.
2. Football FIVE5 will monitor for lightning as per Northern NSW Football’s Lightning Policy.
In the event of lightning in the 1st half of a game, the game will be delayed for 30mins, should lightning not clear within 30 mins the match will be abandoned.
In the event of lightning during the 2nd half of a game, the game will be called off and the score as it was when the game was called off will stand. No game called off in the 2nd Half will be re-scheduled.
1. Team Captains are responsible for the conduct of all players in their team.
2. Referees are not to be abused at any point.
3. Unacceptable Conduct includes the use of foul language, fighting, threatening behaviour, playing inebriated, entering the pitch when not involved in the game and being abusive to staff members.
4. All fans must not abuse other players and referees.
1. Premier leagues must wear matching uniforms including shirts, shorts and socks. Competitive, Social, Mixed and Youth leagues must wear matching shirts as a minimum.
2. Boots with molded soles or joggers only to be worn on pitches. No screw in studs.
3. Shin pads must be worn by all players.
1. There is to be no drinking of alcohol anywhere on Football FIVE5 grounds except for in the licensed café and alfresco area. No alcohol can be brought into or removed from the facility.
2. Alcohol should not be consumed before playing your match.
3. NO smoking anywhere within Football FIVE5 as per Government regulations.
4. No outside food is to be brought into Sidelines Café.
Forfeit Policy – Senior & Youth Leagues
Football FIVE5 is committed to making sure each team gets its match as scheduled. Our forfeit policy is designed to ensure your game goes on and that you have as much notice as possible if your opposition forfeits a game.
1. All teams must complete a Forfeit Policy form prior to their first game each season.
2. Any team who forfeits and fails to show up will be awarded a 10-0 loss.
3. The Forfeit Policy is for every scheduled fixture. Repeated absence may lead to the team being ejected from the League.
4. If you are short of players for your match Football FIVE5 will endeavor to assist you to find players for your match, however it is not Football FIVE5 responsibility to field your team.